To make our portfolio companies stronger and entrepreneurs more confident as they engage in the dynamics of building their business.
Rob loves his work. Not just as a job, but as a passion that rewards continuous learning and development. He brings a forward- thinking approach to maximizing the efficiency and resiliency of our portfolio companies. This method enables you – the entrepreneur – to focus on the priority: building your business.
As a General Partner at Route 66, Rob manages private debt investments, including specialty finance and structured credit transactions. His thought leadership and 15 years of experience in portfolio management, including structuring, analysis, trading, and risk management of fixed income investments, help maintain a smooth, creative process.
Previously, Rob headed the capital markets function of Goal Financial, a student loan originator, where he issued and restructured over $1 billion of debt securities and generated profits in excess of $100 million. He also managed a $2.5 billion portfolio of mortgage, municipal, corporate, and asset-backed investments for E*Trade Bank; and managed a $7 billion mortgage loan portfolio at Friedman Billings Ramsey. Rob began his career at KPMG as a structured finance analyst, where he honed his financial modeling expertise across a variety of mainstream and niche asset classes.
More on his background:
Rob serves our companies with a creative, “develop the market” approach to managing liquidity and capital. Utilizing his background as an institutional investor, he provides insight on the requirements of the institutional market that is critical to end-product viability. Rob is committed to advancing the financial needs of our companies while assisting with their overall business objectives.
Causes close to Rob include pediatric cancer because there is a great need among families and little awareness outside of those directly affected; and development of more local shelters and family assistance, because vibrant communities are invaluable to us all.
Rob married his best friend. They have three daughters, and together are enjoying the experiences and journey through parenthood. When relaxing, Rob enjoys sports, including running and anything with a “ball,” and most things outdoors. He likes to cook; hopefully, the fresh sea fare he’s personally hooked.
- Focuses on private debt investments, including specialty finance and structured credit at Route 66
- 15 years in trading and portfolio management, structuring, analysis, and risk management of fixed income and structured credit investments
- Issued or restructured over $1 billion of debt securities at Goal Financial, generating in excess of $100 million in profits
- Managed a $2.5 billion portfolio of non-agency mortgage, municipal, corporate, and asset-backed investments at E*Trade Bank
- Managed a $7 billion mortgage loan portfolio and provided analytical support for a $12 billion agency portfolio at Friedman Billings Ramsey
- MBA, University of Maryland
- BS, Accountancy, American University (concentration, International Finance)
Book: Into the Wild, Jon Krakauer
Efficiencies mojo, optimization of donut intake to exercise efforts
Respect and admiration make failure acceptable; impact and leadership make success exceptional.