Goal Financial is an entrepreneurial company in the Washington, DC area with two major activities:
- Building a banking business with diversified spread and fee revenue streams by acquiring and growing small- and middle-market companies.
- Owning and managing a $7 billion student loan securitization portfolio which provides a substantial source of internally generated capital to finance new business initiatives.
We are seeking a top-notch analyst to prepare, create efficiencies and automate our financial planning and analysis process. This person will also be responsible for evaluation of potential acquisitions and growth opportunities. Since the analyst may also help manage the securitization portfolio, the ideal candidate should have some understanding of structured finance, financial institutions and traditional fixed income.
- Prepare financial reports in Excel and Access using output from Microsoft Dynamics GP, Quickbooks and Wall Street Analytics.
- Use SQL/Visual Basic/C++ programming to automate the reporting process.
- Conduct valuations of target companies to support acquisition decisions.
- Develop financial forecasts to guide bank management plans and strategies.
- Identify and monitor market and liquidity risks, and recommend asset/liability management strategies, for the bank balance sheet.
- Conduct valuation and planning analysis for the student loan securitization portfolio. Evaluate portfolio restructuring strategies.
- Accounting skills with experience in financial statement analysis and projections.
- Enterprise valuation of financial services companies
- Valuation of fixed income instruments including derivatives and options
- Analysis and structuring of asset-backed securitizations preferred
- Degree in business with a finance or accounting concentration from a top school
Senior Corporate Finance Analyst
Scheduled Posting Date:
May 20, 2011
Desired Start Date:
June 13, 2011
Number of Openings:
Approximate Hours Per Week:
55-120,000 Depending on Experience Level